View Single Post
daycare 03:03 PM 07-25-2013
Originally Posted by Moppetland:
I don't think it's rude either.

I have been to day care centers that have the notes on their door or somewhere near the front with messages about payment due dates and late fee amounts when not paid on time.

I had this problem with several parents, and it irritated me when they would come in and don't give me my pay. I had to clear my throat and ask for my money. I have no shame. For what? It's what is owed to me. I provide a service to you and expect payment.

I would always get "I forgot the check. I'll bring it this evening". Then they'll send someone else to pick up their child.

I started telling them that it's funny how you forgot that you were to pay me, but you sure didn't forget to bring your child today. I also ask them how would they like it if they went to work, expecting a pay check and the employer told them "Sorry. We can't pay you today". They wouldn't like it because they have worked for it.

I would rather for parents to be honest with me if they are having trouble paying that day, than to think I'm boo boo the fool.

So, again. To alleviate YOUR stress about how you're going to pay your bills if the parents don't pay, have no shame. You have a right to request your payment, even though you shouldn't have to. Child care should be up there with rent/mortgage. If they don't have child care, they can't work to pay their mortgage.
I have in my PHB a statement that reads...

You expect me to be here on time for you so that you can go to work each day and I expect for you to make on time payments.....

something like that......lol