View Single Post
Play Care 02:51 AM 01-11-2016
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
I don't take infants BUT with my own, I would use a stroller so that they were up off the ground, bundle them, and they would be fine. Once they were mobile, they were off with the rest of them.

My youngest is 12 months and not walking. We still go out. Parents provide a decent set of outdoor equipment and they crawl around, sit and watch the others, etc. I have a large deck that I can keep cleared off and we don't have too much snow yet so it's fairly easy to get around the yard, as well.
This. The stroller is my friend when I have infants.

I don't love the idea of placing young infants in the snow, as I'd worry about snow making its way into snow suits and baby getting cold. I just am not comfortable wearing babies (and I've tried several different ways, different kids, lol It's never worked well for me)

I like the stroller because they can see the other kids and I can wheel them around to change their scenery. If another child needs me, I can easily attend to them because baby is secure. I figure we are not out for long periods during the winter, and baby gets a lot of floor time in my program so to be strapped in for the 15-20 minutes whilst outside isn't a big deal.