View Single Post
daycare 10:05 AM 11-03-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
I don't like older children. My business is not set up to accomodate them because... duh duh duh daaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh They don't take a full afternoon nap.

If I did the options for kids that did not nap I would have to hire out nap time every day. The parents would have to pay the price you pay now for the expensive center. Your center charges more money so they have adults there to cover the "no nap" part of their service.

What you can't find is the cheap home day care that offers the expensive "no nap" service your center offers. You landed in a place where you paid more money. If you believe that this service would be a benefit to the public then feel free to open a home child care at home child care rates and market towards the kids you feel are so underserved.

If you REALLY believe in it then do it. You see a place in the market for the service. Put your belief to work. You will be full quicker than you can say "no naps here". There's a TON of people wanting their baby to five year old up all day. They will be knocking down your door trying to get in as long as it's cheap or at most the price of a regular home child care that doesn't offer a no nap service.

You think the service will be for four and five year olds but soon enough you will have parents coming to you with infants, toddlers, and three year olds saying "my child is perfectly healthy... fine... happy and in bed by 8:30 every day if they don't have a nap. Take my baby... my toddler.. my three year old... do it for the sake of the children"
I love nannyde!

Priceless