View Single Post
Unregistered 11:44 AM 04-20-2013
I didn't have time to add everything, but now I do.

My child has Sensory Processing Disorder and ADHD. He is very impulsive. He's a good kid, but if you take an already impulsive child that doesn't like to be touched and has vestibular issues, pick him up, and carry him to time out... umm... of course he's going to kick you and hit you the whole way there. His whole world was just turned upside down. She did not get this at all. She wouldn't listen to reason. She thought that I didn't want her to discipline him at all when that is completely not true... you just can't do it THAT way with him.

She threw it in my face once that I didn't tell her about the sensory processing until the morning before he started (instead of at the interview when I told her that he has ADHD and is very impulsive). I didn't tell her because it wasn't formally diagnosed yet (it has been since and he's started treatment - it was only suspected at the time) and it's hard to explain sometimes. People often associate it with Autism and he doesn't have Autism. My response to that is that she had 3 trial weeks with him in which she could dismiss him at any time with no notice and didn't, so she doesn't have a right to say that I didn't disclose that to her.

He was in her care for about 5 weeks total. When I asked her to alter her discipline she told me that she would not make any modifications for him. I said, "Well, if you're not willing to work with him, then when would you like his last day to be?" We agreed on a week notice and she was hostile and passive aggressive to me that whole week.

That should give you a better idea of the situation.