View Single Post
Lefse&Kids 09:09 AM 07-12-2013
OP, I do also tell them they are not hurt. Lies are not ignored but addressed at that time... but to take a powerful statement (in my opinion it is powerful) to essentially nothing is not a reliable method to me. I get the idea of the method Nannyde uses, but I still disagree for my reason posted earlier.

Two parents told me last week how well their kids played with others, and told me they think I do a great job helping with their social skills. So it does work HERE. Whether it will work for you or not, I don't know.

Children do what works to get their way and what they want/need. And while children can become natural masters of adult manipulation quickly.....as adults, sometimes its not a game to play.

----------------------------------

"Think about the poor adult who gets this flung her way. Think about the OP and HER children."

I know you disagree Nannyde, I told her what works for our daycare and my opinion the alternate methods suggested. She'll choose what works for her and what is in the best interest of the child(ren) there.

btw, watched the video referenced, so cute