View Single Post
Lucy 07:09 PM 10-25-2010
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I have a dcm and dcd who bring their child (was children, but daughter went to kindergarten this year) at 7:00 a.m. and pick up at 5:30 p.m. every day. Mom works 9-4:30 Monday through Thursday and dad works 9-5 Monday through Friday. Mom is off on Fridays and she still has her kid(s) in child care. When she gets done working at 4:30 she goes home and lets her husband pick up the kids after he gets off. I swear he sits at work and counts down til 5:30 because he NEVER walks in the door until 5:30 on the dot. He works 3 blocks from me. In the mornings, the mom drops off at 7 (actually she is here at 6:45 but waits in car til I open at 7). When I asked her why they come so early she says she likes to get some coffee and read the paper and relax before she starts her day. When I questioned why she leaves kids til dad gets done working she said because she drops off so it is only fair he pick up. In the summer, the dcg who is in kindergarten now told me that her and her mom and dcb drive around the block in morning unit I open!!!!
This family always pays and kids are great but REALLY?!?!?
I think I watch the cousins of your kids!! LOL. Dad has off every-other-Friday, but kids have never once stayed with him. Mom gets to take off half or full days whenever she wants (CPA firm, and if she's not busy, she doesn't work), but kids come every day at 7:30. I can tell every time she has gotten home early and taken a nap, because she is in jeans (dresses up for work) and her hair is messed up and/or pillow line on her face. Like you, I swear they have a timer at home set for 5:25, and that's when they leave to come and pick up - because they pull up every single evening at 5:30 sharp. If mom goes in late (she is upfront and tells me!), they will still arrive at 7:30 sharp. Mom will go back home and do whatever. Probably go back to bed! If one of the kids has a 9:30 doctor appointment and she has taken 1/2 day off because of it, she will still bring them at 7:30 sharp and then pick up the one with the appt. at about 9:10, and immediately bring that one back as soon as the appt. is done. Even if it's 10:15 and she doesn't need to be to work till 12:30. The business woman in me realizes she's just getting her money's worth (I charge a monthly fee with no deductions for time off), but the human in me is sad for the kids that their parents would rather dump them off than spend time with them.

Funny thing is, this mom & dad I just talked about have become friends with the mom & dad of another kid in my daycare because the kids are such good friends - and the other mom & dad will pick up their daughter whenEVER they are off work. Whether it's 30 min early, or if they have half a day off, or a vacation day, etc. Their daughter is ONLY here when they are at work. You'd think the first set of parents would see that and catch a clue!! NOT!