View Single Post
Josiegirl 04:36 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Vesta:
My sentiments almost to a T.
Me too.
E.J. you said it so much better than I ever could.
While I am positive we're all pretty sick of living this way, I am NOT willing to sacrifice my dds, my ds, anyone I love to the front lines. And I'm not sure I agree with the whole war analogy either, except that your comment about people don't fight wars without weapons hit the mark.

IF/WHEN the economy starts to reopen, it HAS got to be different than it ever was before. Those 'weapons' have got to be in place and used efficiently for it to work or it'll get worse than ever.

I agree that the economy is going to he!!, people need to get back to work, but I don't think we can put a time table on it.

So, please discuss how the world can get back to working safely without creating even more chaos? I'd like to see ideas.

I do see many businesses that could be open, with stricter guidelines, and work safely enough. Hair salons, Libraries, car dealerships, vets, dentists, retail stores such as JCPenny's, etc. They're not deemed essential but could help ease our way back to normal. Why can't they open some places using the social distancing/limiting to certain numbers/wearing masks and gloves, etc. guidelines they have in place now?

Sorry I seem to have much to say on this topic. It's our #1 topic of conversation in our home everyday.

But I love seeing people's opinions and ideas.

ETA: And if we're talking about living in fear now versus when everything 'gets back to normal'. I don't know about everyone else but this fear will never leave me now. I remember being in 1st grade and we were still having air-raid drills at school due to WW11, and this was 1960.