View Single Post
dolores 03:08 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I hate to bother everyone again. I was on here earlier last year after having a negative experience with my center I "swore off" ECE for good. Well, I ended up finding a new job but, unfortunately, I got laid off from it after 2 months due to COVID-19. My director said I could go back but that center was really small and only went up to age 2. It was not the right fit for me.

I also found myself constantly nervous and unable to trust my co-workers because of what happened prior to this. It was also hard for me to be around kids because I couldn't let the past go. I really don't want to feel this way and I don't want to let a bad experience ruin my passion. I want to overcome.

I now work at Chick Fil A. It's not too bad I just miss working with kids. I've only been at CFA for a month. I really wanna leave. I've been talking to a director at a center who says I can be a lead while enrolled to get my CDA. I think being a lead is a lot better than being an assistant. I also know I would be nice to my kids.

I'm just afraid how all the job hopping and short term jobs I have on my resume will look. I would put in a two weeks notice at CFA and tell them I just miss being a teacher. I guess I'm just struggling to decide whether or not I should get back into the field.
It sounds like the negative ECE experience traumatized you. The break from that kind of job might have been a good thing for your state of mind. And, since you've stepped away you've realized that you liked working with kids and have identified the size and age group you would like to work with. Bravo!

Don't worry too much about how the short term jobs would look on your resume. I wouldn't even put CFA on it as its just been 1 month. And, you lost prior job due to covid which any employer will understand. Focus now on finding something you like that you will stick with.

If you are considering the CDA, I suggest also looking into an Associates degree in ECE to see which offers you more options. Good luck to you!