View Single Post
Unregistered 10:09 AM 03-01-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
If a kid poops their pants at my house they go back into diapers until they are accident free for two weeks. I don't deal with kids being pee trained but not poop trained. It has to be both.

I don't have this happen but once every five-7 years or so. I don't switch kids out of diapers until I KNOW they are ready. They have to show me weeks of telling me they have to go before they have to go and doing both pee and poop before the unders come on.

I am VERY strict about wearing protection until they are completely ready to go into undies. It's been three years since I've even had a pee accident here. It's been seven years since I've had a poop accident. I don't want my carpet ruined to save the parents a dollar or two in diapers a day and I won't pay for staff time to clean poopy underwear and clean up the kid.

Sounds to me like the kid still isn't potty trained.

I agree with Nannyde. I don't allow kids to wear cloth underwear until they are toilet trained with NO accidents for two FULL weeks (10 days) at my house. If they have an accident they go back in diapers and the two weeks starts over. I notify parents when they have completed the two weeks and can start wearing underwear.

Look for underwear at garage sales. They don't cost that much. You have to remember that we have more than one kid to take care of and time cleaning pooped underwear means time away from other kids. I have 4 toilet training right now. I would spend my entire day cleaning underwear if I let them wear it until they were trained following the two week rule.