View Single Post
mamac 09:11 AM 04-04-2013
Originally Posted by bunnyslippers:
My neighbor takes every Friday off from April-June, and works in his yard while I watch his DD. He never even looks over and waves, and she can SEE HIM when we are in the yard playing. As soon as I close for the summer and his wife is home with DD for the full week - the dude never takes another Friday off, until school starts again.
This is so sad. I can only imagine how this little girl feels. It's bad enough that he wants his "me" time right in front of her, but to not even acknowledge his little girl with a wave disgusts me. Even if she understands that she has to be with you instead of her dad it would make a world of difference to her if he would just wave hello. My own ds gets SO excited when I'm at one of his school functions and he sees me waving to him.

When my ds was still in dc, I would pay for many a day just to hang out with him when I could, even if it was to run errands. How else are these children supposed to learn how to behave in public if their parents keep them in daycare all day? We shouldn't be the only ones teaching them manners!