View Single Post
Blackcat31 08:35 AM 05-31-2013
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I don't think it would be the end of the world if your son has his own Cozy Coupe.

I, however, would not do this. I don't allow the DCK's to bring their own toys to daycare, and I keep my son's own toys separate from daycare, too. First, I want him to feel that he has things that are solely his (it's bad enough that he has to share his mom and his house).

I, too, have 2 coupes and 3 kids. Anyone who starts a fight over them is not allowed to play with them for the rest of the day. There are no longer fights. I DO have a 3rd Coupe that belongs only to my son, and we keep that one indoors for him to play with off-hours. It's nice to have some inside ride ons for winter and rainy weekends, anyway!

My kids were mine but I expected them to behave and follow the same rules as the daycare kids during daycare hours.

I too, think it's fine that your DS has his own car that he does not have to share with the other kids but I wouldn't let him use it during daycare hours.

I know many of you have said you have done special for your own children because your daycare is their home etc.... but that is the exact reason why I left my care provider and enrolled my kids in a center (until I started my own daycare).

It might be your child's home but during daycare hours, it is a business.

That's MY personal opinion.