View Single Post
Live and Learn 05:51 PM 07-29-2013
Originally Posted by Play Care:
I used to work for an agency that would never address issues with the individuals as they came up. We received many passive aggressive memos that were really directed at one particular employee. I can't even begin to describe how toxic the environment was and how low morale became.

I don't see anything wrong with a general bright sign say "Tuition Payments Due Today by 5:00PM" I've done that. But I've often thought that day care providers hide behind signs and memos when a face to face conversation would serve them better. I know I've done it until I remembered how awful that work situation was. Part of running my own business means being able to have uncomfortable conversations because "business is business and sometimes it's ugly" I don't want my "good" clients to be bogged down, or lose morale because of these types of "group floggings" when my ire needs to be directed at the cause. After all, addressing the actual cause of the issue usually clears it up. Throwing out general reminders in hopes things will change is often a useless endeavor.

And if you have been putting up signs and memos with stern reminders, I also hope you are taking the time to write a quick note to your "good" clients thanking them for their business, following policy, etc.

Just something to think about
lThis exactly!