Thread: Trial Day?
View Single Post
CityGarden 11:06 AM 02-09-2018
Originally Posted by MomBoss:
Depending on licensing, i still think you would need to have all paperwork. Imagine if licensing dropped in and saw a child that didnt have all forms filled out...i would think you would get written up. I do not do a trial day. Unless the parent was there the entire time, how would they know it was a good fit/day for the child. I do a 30 day trial period in which either party can terminate contract without a notice. This would be more time for both of you to decide if its a good fit. It took two weeks for a child I enrolled to stop screaming all day. If i would have just had 1 trial day, i would never have found out what a great little girl she is! After two weeks of screaming, she suddenly stopped one day and was a joy.
Yes all the paperwork would need to be done.... which is a mail reason one day seems silly for all the paperwork.

Originally Posted by Homebody:
Since they seem like they would be a good fit, I would let them have the trial day at your daily rate. If they can provide a sleep mat, then let him come the full day. Maybe try to encourage them to let him come for a full week to get a better feel for your program.
Offering the day but encouraging a week seems like a happy medium. Maybe I will try that.

Originally Posted by amberrose3dg:
I am not sure one day is really enough to see if it is a good fit. I know paperwork would have to be done. I think maybe offer them your standard trial period and explain they can withdraw anytime during that period? The child's first day could go great or terrible. There is an adjustment period for all kids I think.
I do not have a standard trial which is why I don't know how to handle it. I do think one day is tough to "see".... then again maybe it is just mom wanting a chance to see kids here because I do tours after program hours which could be very different from a parent view...