Thread: Vent!!
View Single Post
My3cents 10:54 AM 09-25-2012
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I think "anger" is too strong of a word.....why are you angry with THEM when YOU are the one that set and then broke your own rule? Give them one more chance to complete all paperwork and do not take children till they do. If they cant get it together, then you need to move on to the next family. Unfortunately you already started off on the wrong foot by not having everything in order before allowing kids to be dropped off. You are doing the right thing in correcting your mistake but again, I dont think it is right to be all upset at them, as if this is only their issue and not yours too.
yes and I think we all learn this the hard way.

Verbally tell them tonight at pick up that if they don't have paper work in the morning you are not going to be able to accept the kids. You should have them pay you in advance, you don't know them yet- why chance it. I started asking for my new clients to have my money on monday- I can hold it till friday and then pay myself as I like being paid on fridays- silly but makes me feel like I worked hard for the week- just my little quirk thing. Most people ask to be paid on monday and many ask to be paid a week ahead or even two. This is fixable. Tonight at pick up- just do the above, before it goes another day. your both new to each other and now is the time to get it together so you don't have resentments.
Best- blame it on licensing regulations- all paperwork must be signed and filled out by both parents before care takes place.