View Single Post
Cradle2crayons 11:24 AM 09-16-2013
Originally Posted by jojosmommy:
Anyone use an extra tall gate? My own DD has serious issues staying in her room. She is toddler age, and escapes both at nap and night. She can climb over her gate in a second, she is very tall and has always been a climber.

Some people have suggested locking her door from the outside. I am against this idea for many reasons as is my husband so please dont suggest that.

Babiesrus has a 41 inch tall gate. Anyone have this? We are considering this or an interior screen door, fully mounted on the outside of her existing door. Thus, she could see out but not escape.

I need ideas, advice.
At our old house..... We had the same problem with our daughter. We ended up buying a cheapo wooden door, removing her door entirely. We cut the new wooden door in half. I say half but it was about chest high for a grown up. And we mounted that door where her old door went. the bottom two hinges were attached a d the top hinge on the door frame we key ere. Then on the outside, we put one of those sliding locks. She couldn't reach the lock, but we could supervise her as we wished. And we could hear her at night as well if she needed us. It worked awesome.

When we moved after that, we mounted that in our hallway to keep our son from accessing the front of the house at night. He could open his room door and come out to potty, but he couldn't go anywhere else.

It was a cheap yet awesome alternative