View Single Post
Unregistered 12:51 PM 10-25-2011
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
I have a house full of little littles. Here is the list of ages of kids I have:
4 yo, 3 yo, 2-2 yo's, 3-1 yo's, 11 mo, 2-5 mo, plus I have my own 5 yo and a newborn starting in December. I have a full time assistant. I am getting frustrated with the 2 yo's. I am constantly telling them the same thing over and over and over. When I try to correct them, I have them repeat what I told them, hoping it will sink in. Stuff like, No throwing toys, No hitting our friends, etc. I know that repetition is key, but i keep thinking that one day it will sink in. Then the 1 yo's. They are super duper smart. They try to hide things if they are not supposed to have things, watch me as they are doing something because they aren't supposed to do it. One of my 1 yo's has me so frustrated. I have my big upstairs living area seperated into two areas, one for the babies and one for the big kids. The babys are allowed to crawl back and forth, but the bigger kids know to stay in the bigger area. The 1 yo's go back and forth too. The baby area is closed off by an ottoman. The babies can't crawl over it, but the 1 yo I am talking about can. And he does about 500 times a day. I am constantly putting him back in the area. I could buy another gate, but it just isn't a good time to purchase another (money wise). So the ottoman is going to have to do for now. Just don't know how to get it thru his head, or if it is possible to do so. He is 20 months old. Very smart, and knows he isn't supposed to climb over, because as soon as we walk towards him or say something, he scrambles back over. Ugh. Ideas? I am guessing I just need to adjust my expectations. I went from having mostly preschool aged kids to now mostly toddlers.
The first mistake people make are that 1 and 2 years old dont know better and are to young for punishment this is BULL. From the time the kids turn 1 and do things they arent suppose to they go straight to the naughty mat EVERYTIME they learn very quickly this is why they dont hit me, throw toys, get into things they arent suppose too, etc.. At home thou its a different story because the parents see them as babies still and it does the child no good. Get tough put them in time out everytime they do something naughty they will get the point and you will see a change.