View Single Post
SunflowerMama 10:04 AM 03-21-2012
I'm starting 3 new sibling infants over the next 2 - 6 months. I made the decision to offer a sibling discount a few years back and now it's coming back to bite me with 3 families with siblings. It's an unwritten discount I just offered on a whim and not something listed in my handbook (kicking myself now).

I charge a flate rate regardless of age. The average family is paying $160/week per child.

I need to make a change to my policies to either eliminate the sibling discount (approx. $15/week discount) or raise my infant rate because with 3 families paying a sibling discount and my required decrease in numbers due to ratio and infant numbers it's something I need to do.

I know neither will be completely welcomed with open arms but which do you think would go over better with the masses?

I do provide cloth diapers (monthly diaper service cost) and wipes for the infants.

I don't provide infant food but I was thinking that maybe I could add that as an additional service if I decide to raise infant rates.

If you raised the infant rate what would be an appropriate increase to the $160/week rate? And up to what age would charge an infant rate?

Advice would be appreciated. Thanks!