Thread: How Long to Cry
View Single Post
cheerfuldom 12:27 PM 03-23-2012
Originally Posted by Breezy:
Good question. My PT DCG always wants to be held or looked at. If I look at her and interact with her she is happy, if my eyes move away from her she freaks out into a huge screaming fit. If I am not holding her she cries. And cried and cries. I hate letting her cry but seriously she needs to learn that she doesn't need to be held constantly. My DS was never like this. He was held plenty but never flipped when I put him down.

Even if I make the motion to put her down she freaks. Even while playing with toys she screams because she isn't being held. If I have her for a few days straight by the end of the second day she usually is better and realizes she isn't going to get her way but then she comes back after not being here a few days and is the same way....

I just don't know if letting her cry is acceptable in this situation.
how old is she? Anything over about 9 months, this little one would get plenty of floor time. I dont pick up any kid that is demanding to be held. I wait till they stop crying and then give cuddles and attention. You're arent doing her any favors by feeding into her obsession for constant eye contact and physical contact. She needs to learn that she is okay without these things. You can be compassionate and meet all her needs without creating a monster. I know it is harder when they clearly get that type of thing at home but trust me, they learn fast