View Single Post
EchoMom 05:45 AM 11-01-2012
To paci-wean a 2 year old?

I have a 24 month old new DCG, been with me a month almost. She is totally paci addicted and comes everyday with paci in mouth. She'd keep it in all day long. Sometimes she even stares at her lunch and won't eat because her paci is in and you have to tell her to take it out so she can eat. She babbles when she's in a good mood, but none of it is understandable. When she's in a bad mood she just whines and fake cries instead of "using her words."

If I take the paci away, she has a fit that sometimes ends in a few minutes but sometimes doesn't. If I take the paci away, her hands instantly go in her mouth and she chews and sucks on her fingers. Totally unsanitary and gross spreading of germs, really grosses me out and I don't like those nasty germy fingers all over the toys and house and kids.

She's full time so here 4 or 5 days a week about 8 hours or less each day.

Parents don't like her with the paci, but obviously aren't trying to break her of it they just let her have it 24/7.

So..... Should I just let her have it because
1. it's cleaner than germy fingers
2. keeps her quiet
3. saves her fingers from being chewed and sucked to redness
4. not my kid so not my problem to parent

Or, should I take it away and try to break her of it because
1. she needs to talk
2. no one else walks around with pacis all day at my house, not even babies 3. she's full time so I should try to make improvements in her life.