View Single Post
tenderhearts 03:06 PM 08-31-2010
The 5 mo old I started a couple months ago (almost 2 mo) has been doing so well with napping, I've been able to just lie her down and she goes to sleep with very little fussing. However it seems on Mondays she has some difficulties but still with little fussing. She gets held ALOT at home mainly because her relatives are staying there for a little bit and they hold her until she falls asleep ect. Well yesterday she came, with a slight cold but wasn't fussy or anything, morning nap was fine, but then afternoon nap was HORRIBLE, she wasn't fussy at all during the day just like normal at her nap times. Well when I lay her down she cries really hard, not at first but goes into a really hard cry, a cry I hadn't heard from her until yesterday at nap time. I don't want to let her think I'm going to rock her to sleep, but I also don't want to make her cry if she truly isn't feeling good since she has a slight cold. To me seems the cold isn't bothering her really since she isn't fussing during awake times, however she isn't eating quite the same. So how long would you let her fuss before going in there and getting her up? Especially if it's the hard cry? I just don't want to get myself into something I'm going to regret. Like I said I know she is being held alot at home. I mentioned it to her mom about how she seemed like she couldn't settle and cried really hard, her mom said she was like that sat and sun and she rocked her to sleep, well I'm not going to do that. I'll rock her some but not until she's asleep. thanks any advise would be great.