View Single Post
Daycaremomma01 11:16 AM 05-28-2019
Bumping this back up...
Same child, more issues.
So. Many issues with this same child.
1) Defiant - I tell her no, ask her not to do anything, she does it anyways. Time outs don’t work - I’ve had her sit next to me for a couple mins, she’s now kicking/smacking pinching and scratching and trying to bite me when I try this. I’ve tried putting her in her booster chair at the table, she just screaming - shrill, ear piercing screeches.
2) Throws her food in the floor/dumps her drink on the table and tries to play in it - I don’t give her much at a time, and immediately take away when this happens and let her mom know she threw her food instead of eating so I didn’t offer more - now mom makes comments about she acted like she was starving when they got home.
3) Naps - posted a thread about this - screaming kicking making all the noise she can, gets everyone else woke up and then wants to nap, resolved shortly (a couple days) by sitting next to her and patting her til she was sleeping, now she’s clawing, pinching, smacking/kicking and trying to bite me.

Honestly, I’m ready to term, but feel like I need to discuss with her mom before taking it that far.
I’m trying to decide how to word what I want to say to mom...she’s aware that dcg is causing issues, but I haven’t discussed with her in-depth.
I want to say something like:
“I know I talked them you a bit last week about girls behavior, but I want to let you know that I’m at a loss as to how to handle her. We’ve discussed her throwing her food in the floor as well as disobeying and telling me “no”, but lately she has begun trying to hit/kick, bite and claw me when I have her sit next to me in time out and her constant squealing and shrieking is very disruptive and upsetting to the others, especially during nap time. Her behavior is becoming too much for me to handle, it’s taking away time and attention from the other kids and stressing me out. We really need to put a stop to her negative behavior, I’m open to suggestions if you have a trick that works for you, but if we can’t get her under control soon, I will have to terminate our agreement.”

Thoughts/advice on wording?
Helpful input appreciated!