View Single Post
Daycaremomma01 08:51 AM 05-29-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Start with the physical aggression towards you.

Talk to mom about that type of behavior NEVER being tolerated and how it must stop NOW. (or you will be forced to term)

I have a similar child. Older brothers, she's the princess.
Very naughty.... but thankfully has pulled herself together over the last few months and is an enjoyable polite child but ONLY because mom/dad got on board immediately and realized they were creating a monster.

As for the potty training...... I always respond to "she is trained at home" with:

"That's great!!! I haven't seen that ability from her here but daycare is a different environment than home I guess.

However, since I am required by licensing to maintain a sanitary environment for everyone and I have not seen the success you have seen at home I will need to require a $300 deposit if you are going to send her wear underwear.

If she remains dry like you say for two FULL weeks I will return the deposit in full but if she has any accidents I will need to use the money for professional carpet cleaning.

So totally up to you how you want to proceed."

I've never ever ever had a parent be confident enough in their words to put their money where their mouth is. Most usually back peddle and start yapping on about how i am right that the daycare environment is so much different than home etc etc.....
Thank you! I have hard Wood throughout my house, but brand new furniture (and mom is aware - she was dropping off with food/sippys and I explained that I didn’t allow food/drinks away from the table - even for my own children simply because we just bought brand new furniture through the house) so I’ll definitely tel her I will require a deposit! - another thing I’ll be adding to my contract!