View Single Post
Registered but logged out 05:13 AM 07-16-2012
Have any of you made the switch from home daycare provider in your own home to a nanny in someone else's home?

I recently went from 9 kids down to 4 (families moving and starting school) and I've been advertising for a couple of weeks now. The 4 I currently have are from 2 families.

Nothing is really panning out so I was just thinking about possibly considering becoming a nanny.

I would no longer be tearing up my own home, I could drive my own children to school and then nanny for a family, pick my children up and take them to the home where I nanny until the parents are home. I could do field trips during the day for the children I did care for and I'd have much more flexibility on things we could do outside the home because with home childcare my car is too small for more than a couple of children.

My main concern is the cut in income. For those that maybe went from home daycare to nanny or maybe were a nanny before doing home childcare what was the difference in income? How much do most nannys charge? Did you enjoy being home more or being a nanny?