View Single Post
My4SunshineGirlsNY 08:59 AM 05-19-2010
Originally Posted by MsKara:
Thanks guys! From now on: Short and Sweet and businesslike. I guess I get too caught up in wanting everyone to like me and understand my decisions. This is tough stuff.
This is EXACTLY it!! Short and sweet. I am a softie too, I like letters/Emails, I HATE confrontation...but I like my rules to be followed....and one needs to be realistic on us daycare providers that have more than one child to tend to. We NEED a schedule. I would have been upset at the sparatic drop off times too, I had one of those a few months ago..said daycare boy would be here at 8 and never showed until 10 or 10:30 sometimes..meanwhile, would if I could have been doing something else with the kids..sometimes I do take them places.

I like to explain myself and would have LOVED to explain to a couple parents I let go a few things and give them my mind, but I knew it would be worse off, so I just kept my mouth shut, let them go quietly. From now on, that's what you have to do.....I have learned that you can't please everyone and when terminating, it makes parents EXTREEMLY defensive.