Thread: A Serious WWYD?
View Single Post
mamajennleigh 05:01 AM 05-20-2010
hcmom, I think you are doing the right thing by pressing for answers from BIL and SIL, since they are the ones who felt the need to "bring" this information to you (but interestingly enough, no one in authority). Granted, it is entirely possible that something did happen at this daycare, as much as anything is possible, but considering the circumstances that brought you that information, I would say it is unlikely at best. It sounds to me like fear-mongering by your BIL and SIL simply because they do not agree with your choices. They are taking something they probably heard in the rumor mill and presenting it as fact, which is evidenced by the fact that he was "stumped" when you pressed for further details. If these families truly came to him with their stories, as he claimed, I am sure he would have all the information you are seeking.

If it were me, given the circumstances you have described, I would not pull my child from the center. I would keep my eyes and ears sharp, but I would do that with any place that had my child. You are right to ask the owner's - it may turn out to be a long-standing rumor that they have had to deal with before, and if so, they can put your mind at ease. Let us know what they say!