View Single Post
Crystal 12:52 PM 01-29-2013
Originally Posted by Kimberli:
Even though I have lived in my house for 4 years, my landlord will not give me written approval. Although the State says he cannot deny me, the County Assessor's Office will not process my expansion application without a notarized letter of permission. It's a complete catch 22 - I've been trying for 2 years. If I push him, I am afraid he will not renew my lease or make my life miserable in the meantime. I am over a barrel.

Like I said - every time I turn around, since I've been doing licensed daycare, someone seems to always be telling me that I can't do what I should have the right to do - give a child time out, expand my license, etc. - even though the law states otherwise. I really hate the politics of California.
I was going to suggest expanding as well.

I would have a talk with your landlord. If he refuses to allow it, I would then let him know the law. If he tries to not renew your lease, or gives you a hard time, you can sue him.

What county are you in again? If you are in my area, I know a couple of landlords that would totally work with you!