View Single Post
mom2many 07:38 AM 04-30-2014
Originally Posted by SignMeUp:
Because these things tend to spread state to state, could you tell me what is meant by "tot lock" and "child proof lock"? Also "two part lock"?

I use the magnetic locks with a magnet "key" for keeping diapers and diapering products inaccessible, because the old plastic childproofers (that you pushed on with a finger behind the door) were no longer acceptable here.

Can't imagine having to keep diaper stuff under an actual lock and key
The "tot lock" is just the brand for magnetic locks they wanted used. Basically a two part locking device like you described. They hadn't invented them yet when I first started! All they had were just the plastic child proof devices that you latched on the knobs had to squeeze and move, so you could open the cupboard.

This is a much more secure way to keep a child out & I had no issue installing it or the fact that they now preferred this method of making something "inaccessible" with this new device... Just don't cite me with a Title 22 violation when I'm using what has been the approved method of child proofing a vanity for over 20 years and had just been okayed 6 months prior!!!! That's my complaint!