View Single Post
drseuss 04:28 PM 05-20-2014
I just interviewed my niece and her boyfriend for a spot for their little boy. I used to care for my niece and nephew full time when THEY were little. Then when my SIL was divorced & remarried & had another one I took care of her (my niece's half sister) for a while in the summers. This is the first time I've handed a family member an enrollment packet with a policy handbook and contract though. My niece and I are extremely close, but she is of a different generation than me and tends to be very casual about things. Details, to her, would not exist if they were not brought to her attention. Not sure if that is just my over the top need for complete communication on things or what. haha

Anyway, have any of you enrolled a family member and had it work out beautifully? I think this is going to, but I hope I am not being too idealistic. Right now their little boy is at a group center that is not very good at all and I know they break a lot of regulations. I DO NOT. So I hope that me NOT being casual about things does not come as a shock. My great nephew is a sweet little peanut smoochie muffin and I cannot wait to have him here!