Thread: Curriculum Help
View Single Post
SunflowerMama 10:25 AM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by MommyMuffin:
Here is my problem:
I am just about to open in a few weeks. I currently have enrolled to start 3 children under 3, 1 being my own. I have 2 families with child/ren 3 - 5 years of age who want to know about curriculum and school readiness before deciding to enroll their children.
I really would like to do curriculum, hopefully someday I can do mothergoose time but right now I absolutely could not afford it. I have looked into making my own curriculum and you still need money to buy all the supplies and it takes lots of time to get ready.
With the pressure of being new and all, I am worried that I would not be able to get a curriculum together on my own. I dont know what to tell these parents. Of course I want them to enroll but really what can I offer their 3 - 5 year olds besides, playdoh and coloring and weather calendar? Any ideas

Have you thought about maybe including the cost of the curriculum with the rate? I just started Mother Goose this year and am LOVING it!! It's about $10/kid/month. Maybe you could just print up info on the curriculum to give the parents during interviews and such and then direct them to the site for additional information. Then just explain to them that the rate includes the cost of the curriculum for their child ($10/month).

I cover the cost of the curriculum for my dcks but there are also a lot of providers that have the parents cover the cost.