View Single Post
happymom 11:28 AM 05-03-2018
Originally Posted by Play Care:
What did they say the issue was that they couldn't get him and forgot to call? Are you happy with the care and communication otherwise? All that would weigh heavily in how I felt. If your child had been left alone or unsupervised, I would be livid and say pull and report. But he was safe and supervised at school, just a little late for pick up

If it was a simple miscommunication and day care was apologetic and we made a plan for just in case, I would probably be satisfied.
Yes yes and yes.

They did what they could to make it right in the moment, my son wasn't sitting at school scared or worried (LOL but I was so worried he was!). I haven't talked again with the director, but normally AM kindergarten ends at 11:30 and because of the field trip, pick up was at 12:30. I can understand, definitely, how that happens.

I figure that the assistant director didn't realize that when she confirmed that they could pick him up with the other child (who was in the same situation as mine), but that when they notified parents they forgot that my child was effected since he is not on that normal pick up route. She believed that I had been called, but I think at that moment she realized her mistake.

But we all make mistakes, right? And he was safe at school =)