Thread: Wwyd?
View Single Post
daycarediva 10:37 AM 10-20-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Update: So, it's been a couple of weeks now since I reported the teacher to the director. I told her over the phone and even sent her something in writing for her files. The teacher is still there, everyday and DH told me last night that the little girl that was pinched is still in the classroom with the offending teacher.

I'm so heartbroken by this, I don't know what to do. I live in NY so I'm not sure what protocol is but I was hoping there'd be some sort of positive note to respond to on this. There are only 2 childcare centers in our village (the other is for Pre-K but my DD is too young) so I have no other options aside from paying more and driving to another village's daycare.
I am in NY- if you would like to PM me, I would be happy to look up the specific center's licensing agent and get you that contact information.

I am assuming the director just pushed this under the rug. Not even a suspension, supervision, or room change? Doesn't sound like they did anything. Abuse is a very serious issue and if the director overlooked this, what else is she aware of and allowing? Can you find a home daycare in your area for your child? I don't think I would feel comfortable leaving my child enrolled under this director.

We are moving and the small town only has one center- it has horrible reviews. The home day cares in the area are all 4-5 star reviews.