View Single Post
Unregistered 09:34 AM 08-22-2011
I agree you don't have to explain any termination, but getting a parent mad at you does have consequences. Either they falsely report you or bad mouth you to others in the community. I have found its much better to be nice and say your hours are changing, or you are scaling down. In this case, at least she did pay and who cares if its in pennies??

Wouldn't bother me in the least bit, and its true she went to a lot of trouble just to do that which only leads me to conclude she is NUTS!!! I only wish we could administer psy. test to parents before picking them up...."What does this picture remind you of" and so fourth, lol. You can check them out quite a bit on the internet, and in the county records; but still its not fool proof.

Over the years I've had a few nasty people, and it was always over money, and their unwillingness to understand I provide a valuable service, that is not dependent on their pay schedule, or what they think or WHEN they should pay me. The really rude ones are the ones who drop on a thur. or fri. and refuse to pay for the following week, thus the week notice they agreed to. I don't go to small claims, its not enough to warrant that, but I've provided information that got two garnished. And one is currently in trouble for mortgage fraud.... Apparently some think because we do daycare out of our homes that we can be taken advantage of, or we have no recourse. On the upside.. over the years most of my parents have been great and we have a great relationship. Its just the bad apples I don't have a tolerance for.