View Single Post
magsgma 03:53 AM 06-28-2012
Originally Posted by GotKids:
Ok talked to my agent and she said I have done everything right including saving the text that mom sent me saying she thought it happened after she left. She suggested documenting every time they have a bruise along with moms story and anytime they get any kind of bump here as well.

The officer was too busy to visit with me after met with mom so he just did a phone interview asking how long the child has been in my care, if he often comes with marks or odd injuries and if I had any reason to suspect things at home were less than perfect. I told him I felt mom was on top of everything at home and explained that this little one is extra exuberant and still in his clumsy stage. He thanked me for my time verified my address and birth date and ended the call.

Thanks for all the advice. I sure wish NE had daycare insurance. None of the carries seem to cover this area and a home endorsement only covers 1/2 the amount of children that a small license allows. I feel so unprotected.
He was too "busy" to speak with you about a serious injury to a child?
How do you know it was an official Police officer - did the number come up on caller ID?
I really understand your relief in not having a face to face interview with him, but I do not understand how a law enforcement officer could make a request for an interview and then drop it? Did he tape your conversation?
Usually if there are a certain number of ER visits within a small time frame the Hospital is required to report it. Perhaps this was just a case of the Hospital not following correct procedure.
I had a very "active" 2 year old for just a few months that had to have stitches right above his eye, Then a dislocated shoulder as well as other bumps and bruises I documented everything (this happened at home by the way -- usually the same - jumping on the bed)
I had an 18 month old come back to me after I was on vacation with a broken leg. I was never called or interviewed by anyone in either case...
I was surprised - I totally expected it.
I am happy for you that you didn't have to go through the red tape, I am just curious as to the "Officer's" handling of this situation, maybe he just felt that he "jumped the gun"? How is the little one handling his injury?