Thread: Need Advice
View Single Post
Cradle2crayons 11:19 AM 09-01-2013
Originally Posted by lteach98:
thank you all for the feedback and support. Its been very difficult to move forward but there is no other choice but to accept it and learn. I did let my director know that I do not feel comfortable. I am a new teacher so this whole experience has been very demotivating and draining. Its bad enough I witnessed it and to have to deal with a parent who will put salt on my wounds. thanks again
I'm one of those parents and providers who attempt to think of all possible scenarios. It's a curse sometimes.

But I also truly believe most accidents are preventable thus making them not accidents but mistakes. There is a difference.

A child getting into bleach and drinking it. Not an accident. Neglect. Preventable.

You get drunk and wreck your car. Not an accident. Preventable. A crime.

You don't put upchild gate up on purpose and a child falls down the stairs. Not an accident. Neglect. Preventable.

You are an employee in a facility who didn't put child guards on the door. A child's finger gets hurt. You didn't do anything wrong. It was an accident. Now as far as your director is concerned, she should have installed those.
please don't feel bad. It was an accident. Truly. We learn and prevent.