View Single Post
Annalee 07:51 PM 08-21-2020
Originally Posted by e.j.:
Would it help if enough providers in your state gave feedback to your state's EEC commissioner? EEC here came up with new regs in response to the COVID threat but some of the regs weren't realistic for most providers. After receiving enough feedback, EEC did change some of them. Maybe if enough providers give feedback to the head of EEC in your state and let him/her know how the changes would impact them and the kids, the regs might be reconsidered???
The chances are probably slim to none but it could happen.
This is not an easy task. I have met with licensing all the way to the top, legislators many times, had round table discussions with powers that be, etc. each time feeling "heard" only for things to remain the same or the administration change every time something began moving forward that would lessen the stringent regs. I have been in child care 34 years; FCC for 28; and have rolled with many changes....The past 20 have beat down and trod on top of FCC providers with QRIS. That is changing FINALLY, but I'm afraid it is too little too late for the FCC dying profession. While I'm happy about the changes, I'm near too old to get going again My mind has many ideas but the body don't necessarily move as fast