Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Josiegirl 10:10 AM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by CenterTeacher20:
My full time kindergartener distance learner has asthma. Its something that he has always dealt with. He was totally fine yesterday. Got a text from his mom last night at 12:15 letting me know that before bed he said he had a sore throat... and at 11:45 woke up and could barely breathe. We are hoping is is just the asthma. I'm scared for this 5 year old little boy. He's never had a rapid flare up like this. He had 4 nebulizer treatments between 11:45pm and 6am. We have had him since he was an infant. I've become extremely bonded with him through his first year of actual school considering that I am his distance teacher. This feels like a bad dream. I'm trying not to bug his mom now, but we will see how he is doing soon and I will update. His mom works in the COVID unit, unfortunately. But had never had a breach in PPE and goes home and changes and showers before pickup every day. She is one of our sweetest DCPs we have ever had. I hope he is okay. They are taking him to get tested today and if his breathing doesn't get better, may be bringing him in to be monitored. We have 4 families out total awaiting test results. It really bothers me that licensing says we aren't allowed to close down or make any announcements about people awaiting test results until we receive a positive result. I'm scared.

North Dakota just recorded the highest mortality rate in the world. This is scary. Wear your masks. Don't have large Thanksgiving gatherings. And for f*** sake, stop bringing the current/future president up right now. Doesn't even matter.
Oh no I hope your little guy recovers from whatever is going on with him! Momma must be crazy worried.