View Single Post
nannyde 04:58 PM 04-05-2011
Any kids onsite will count in my numbers. I think the State's POV is that they have inspected homes where there are two or more adults with their own kids and NOT counting their kids in the numbers. If the State comes to inspect they just take their kids and leave as if they are just coming or going.

This trick has been pulled on them so many times that they have to have a solid clear way to count kids.

I don't allow my sons friends on the property when I'm doing day care. I definitely wouldn't allow parents to bring siblings in past the front door. My general rule is to not have parents parenting their kids under my roof. They don't have the same rules for their kids that I have here and they don't have the responsibility I have to keep them safe.

I've had a few bad experiences having parents onsite who have completely different rules for their child than I have.

This is one I have told before:

I had this one Dad years ago who was a really nice guy and had a WILD toddler. They were with me for about a year. Every day he would drop off or pick up the kid would be flailing in his arms and he would let her down in my living room at the front door. My living room is NOT child proofed for a reason. There is nothing in my livingroom for the kids. I have a couch, two tables and a TV. That's it. Other than outlet covers there is no sign of day care in my living room.

So as soon as he puts her down I pick her back up and hand her back. I tell him... oh no this room is not safety proofed. She can't be down on the floor here. He would say "oh she's allright". NO .. I'm not alright with it. I don't want kids in my living room. There are no toys... nothing but the tv to get into, the couch to crawl up on, and the table to crawl up on.

One day he locked his keys in his car and I got stuck with him and the kid while he waited for the Mom to come with the spare set. I was off the clock at that time but I offered for him to use one of my empty playrooms as long as he kept her on the side of the room that she was allowed on. I show him exactly the line that she can't cross. "this side is for her... this side is NO". The side he did have for her was TWO HUNDRED square foot. He takes her back there and within ten seconds she was on the side of the room that was for the adults. UGH... again he says she's fine, he's watching her, she's okay.

NO she's not fine. She's in an area I don't ever let her play in. She's trained not to go into that area and it's NOT SAFE. I have baby equipment on that side that was just cleaned for the next day and paperwork set up for the next day. The kid could cause me an hour with of work in a few minutes.

I booted them out and told him to take her to the park around the corner. I gave him a fresh diaper, wipes, and a cup of juice and out the door they went.

The Dad didn't have ANY problem allowing her to play with and on top of an exersaucer designed for infants. He didn't have any problem with her playing with the infant toys which I don't allow here. He didn't have any problem with her climbing on the gate. He was cool with it.. but I was not.