View Single Post
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 09:53 AM 08-10-2009
our nap is from 12 - 2 and they all sleep. Even the older ones. My own 11 and 8 yr olds, and the dog as well. We start early here,.. Im up at 4 kids start coming at 5 and everyone is up and moving by 530. I work 5a to 6 p. By 11 lunch is a calm relaxed heaven and by nap they are all exhausted, full and sleepy. I do turn on BORING TV,.. the green channel (recycling), HGTV, the science channel,.. lol. something learning,.. but boring and thats whats on during nap. The older ones can watch that or sleep, but I do not turn on cartoons for the children. That is a special cartoon treat saved for our once a month cartoon time. I suppose some may say thats mean but I dont consider the tv a daycare item. We dont watch videos, or cartoons,.. I did tape a special on Disney world for a child who was going once,.. and we do watch if there is something corresponding to our preschool lesson on a channel but not"kids programming". My parents know this and they also know I require a rest time each day. But I also have had the same routine, every day for 19 years.