View Single Post
queenbee 04:44 PM 06-28-2012
This afternoon at pick-up, new DCD came to pick up DCB. As DCD was walking up to our daycare room, my assistant who was just about to leave home was standing in the doorway waving to the kids, saw him and called Dcb's name. DCD shushed her immediately because, assuming, wanted to surprise or "sneak up" on DCB.

My assistant called me 15 minutes later and let me know this. She was very offended and wanted to know if she should be or was she blowing this out of porportion. She noted that it wasn't a friendly "shhh", but a quick hard "SHHH".

I immediately sent this email to DCD:

DCD,

My assistant just informed me that you 'shushed' her when you picked up DCB this afternoon. I guess you wanted to surprise him. Whatever the reason, I do not feel that was okay and my assistant was very offended by this. We keep pick-ups quick in order to keep pick-up time from becoming congested and we alert the children that their ride is here as soon as we see a car pull up or see a parent. This is what we do for each child and family so that pick-ups are speedy.

Please refrain from shushing either of my helpers again. I view 'shushing' as a form of disrespect and is grounds for termination as per our contract.

If you have any questions regarding this matter, you may email back or call me after 6pm this evening.

Thank you,
QueenBee

Since when is it okay to SHUSH another adult?