View Single Post
julie 03:04 PM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by Little Star75:
Very professional I really like this and will use this.

What if I dont feel comfortable with dcp coming to my home? He already harassed me. Can I terminate now and still keep the deposit or should I wait 2 weeks to see how things get?

Thank you so much
I have had experience with this when a Dad got aggressive with me on my property. It was a sticky situation because the parents had just split up and I really liked the mom, so HE (the Dad) got terminated immediately, and I gave the mom the option of the two week notice provided she was the pick up and drop off person during that time. She lasted two days, and then pulled but I got the deposit money that way. It was very stressful though and I had nightmares about him showing up and getting even more aggressive or showing up with a gun (he was a cop), so I was really relieved when it ended.

I would just change the email to say that in your termination requests to the tune of:. Due to the aggression in your communication to me, my husband and I have decided that we are only comfortable with the DCM picking up and dropping off during the notice period. DCD is no longer welcome on our property for the safety and security of all in the daycare. And then follow up with, if these terms are not followed it will be cause for immediate termination with all fees forfeited, blahblahblah"

I only mention the husband part in the email because knowing another man is involved and knows how he's acting tends to scare bully guys off. There is more chance of a man being home because he is protecting his wife, and therefore there is a less likely chance of him coming by because he knows you're home alone with all the kids and no witnesses. Some guys are sick like that, so please don't take chances. Have someone around for pick ups regardless of who is doing the picking up/dropping off those two weeks. Good luck to you. It is a sucky situation.