View Single Post
cheerfuldom 08:54 PM 03-19-2014
Originally Posted by nannyde:
They don't want to go home. They love the experience of being able to unleash the older one so they can have a free and fun time watching him get three kinds of crazy on your clock and at your expense.

There are so so so many parents who LOVE to have their kids get wild and crazy in public. They wish they could act like that and have that much fun. They adore seeing it and they really like not having to do anything but be in the audience. They want their kid to have a blast for free and seeing it makes them happy.

Tell them he can't come in. Just tell them the truth. I have three kids with older sibs and they don't bring them in at all. When the kids started I met them but did not let them past the front door. If I had toys or fun stuff out the kids would naturally want to come in and play. I have a normal living room with NOTHING for kids. This keeps any temptation at bay.
yup yup yup

They see your house as a place for kids, like a playground. It never occurs to some parents that you wouldnt happily welcome in more kids for however long.....you love kids and love your job so much that you want to do it 24/7 right? (insert sarcasm) Parents think it is funny and/or cute to see jr racing around acting like an animal. Everything he does is special and entertaining and makes mom and dad laugh OR gives mom and dad extra time where someone else's house is getting trashed, not theirs. if they bring him in for daycare pickup and stretch out the car ride and the pickup, they only have to feed him and put him down for bed when they get home, not actually parent at all.