View Single Post
Blackcat31 08:23 AM 09-19-2015
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
So the fact I follow the exactly the same regs as a licensed home plus some because I take crises babies, but can't get the license due to what the state will license... they would license a rancher with mild mold, but they won't license a new single wide with same sq ft... how does that make it fair
In my opinion their reasoning is no different than ours (providers) is when we say we wont do X simply based on the liability. If there is a risk for us, we usually decline. I dont really see it as any different.

Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
Statements like that make me so mad. I have been licensed in another state, and was also a foster parent in that state. The health and well being of the kiddos in my care is very important to me. The issue being the house I rent (along with most houses in my town) does not have a fenced yard so I can't become licensed. My landlord will not do it even though we have rented this house for over ten years, and there is no way I am paying for an improvement to a property I don't own, and that is IF the landlord would allow it. To say I am a bad provider due to that is hogwash and offends me greatly. If I do get licensed, I will NOT pay premiums to a company that has that attitude.
Um, okay.. I am not sure why DCI's post/statements caused such anger for you but I didn't read anywhere that he said said legally unlicensed providers are bad providers.

He said its a risk to them as insurance providers.
I think thats a true statement not a bad attitude or personal dig at anyone.

He also encouraged providers to use their voice to help change it.