View Single Post
hwichlaz 08:56 AM 12-28-2017
I welcome therapists with open arms. I let them know my facility is small and I can not give them privacy, but they can give therapy in my living room. The children aren’t allowed in there after they’ve learned to walk, so it’s usually open for them. I have two kids each seeing 3 therapists a week for an hour at a time. One has Cerebral Palsy and a feeding tube, he is 2 1/2 and cannot walk. The other was a preemie and has microcephaly. She is going to be 2 in a month and is still learning in to hold her head up and control her neck muscles. It’s essential for these two children to have their therapies spread out over the course of a week to maximize effectiveness. And it’s also essential for me, as their main caregiver during the day, to see what is being worked on so I can work on it with them during the day. These two children NEED therapy to be constant nearly 24-7...even if it’s just in the way I hold them to encourage the neck muscles to work etc. It’s only disruptive until the other kids get used to it. I go about my day as if they aren’t here for most of the visit then check in with them at the end to see if I need to update how I’m doing things.