View Single Post
Georgiads 11:04 AM 12-28-2017
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
I have 1 family right now that has been evaluated and they think he's autistic. They asked if the therapist could come here and see him interact with other kids. I wasn't keen on that because first of all, the kids will not act like they normally act with her here. You guys know how they all act out when someone is here and secondly, can you just let anyone in? What do their qualifications have to be to be around all of the kids?
You can always ask about their organization and specialty but I would not worry that the therapists do not have appropriate background checks.

I have hosted many providers from Early Intervention and I have never once suspected that they were not able to be around the children, these therapists often visit children in a childcare setting.

If you don't have the space to accommodate it, just tell the parents. Perhaps they can find a daycare center that would be willing to work with them.

I understand how it can feel like you are losing your privacy but if you don't want to deal with it just tell the parents and let them move on to a daycare that will allow the services. It is too important for a child to receive therapy as early and as much as possible, for the child to miss out on the opportunity would be a horrible.