View Single Post
sahm1225 05:50 PM 01-10-2018
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I have a (unasked for) reputation for being a special needs daycare. I have a child with cancer, one with cerebral palsy, several with trauma histories (neglect/abuse), others with developmental or social issues. 2 are tube fed, many receive nebs regularly, 2 need daily med administration. I am so involved in the care of 2 of them that I have full access to their medical teams (I have power of attorney to receive information and even make decisions on medical care in their mothers' absence).

I didn't ask for this, but it keeps my roster full and my days usually fly by (they're busy!). I can certainly understand why someone would NOT want this in their lives/businesses, but I am also a foster parent...no such thing as privacy with foster parenting, it seems! I have regular visits from social workers, licensing, food program, anyway, so what are a few more from therapists? LOL.
As a parent of a special needs child - thank YOU for what you do and offer those daycare kids. You truly are an angel for their parents