View Single Post
kiddiecare 06:25 AM 11-10-2009
I agree with Mac60, as a parent of 4 and a daycare provider my advice is to stop catering to the child, its not healthy for her, Ignore the outburst and reward the good behavior. 'spirited' in my opnion is someones label that didnt/doesnt want to own up to the fact that their child is spoiled. The parents and or you are not doing this child any favors by giving in and doing things the way she wants..all that teaches her is that fit throwing will get her her way and thats not how the real world works..and you say that she has a sibling on the way? yikes are those parents in for it! Sounds as if she is the ruler of the roost and once that baby comes not all the attention will be on her anymore and then you'll see some major attitude so be ready for that..Kids learn at an early age what they can get away with and with whom, even if the parents continue as they are the child will know that at your home the same rules dont apply..Thats just advice as a mom and caregiver, good luck and i think the girl is lucky to have someone that cares so much about her taking care of her..