View Single Post
EchoMom 09:39 AM 10-12-2012
[quote=Mom&Provider;272784]The other day DCM dropped off her 12 month old with a whole carrot and just watched him as he walked around with it in and out of his mouth...seriously!? She left and I took it and tossed it, that was it.

[quote]

lol Well I guess you wouldn't like ME then. I give my DS (13 months) and ever since he was teething suck/chew on WHOLE carrots. Not baby carrots, but WHOLE carrots that I've peeled and chop the ends off so he only has the thick middle part. It's a nice thing for them to teethe on, and now that he has several teeth, he scrapes off pieces to eat but he's never gotten a big chunk. I also let him gnaw on whole apples.

But of course only when I am able to supervise him. And I would NEVER do the same with DCKs. What you let your own kid do is a lot different than what you let others do on your watch!

My own DS usually ends up with no pants on too, but all the other DCKs I dress and they look spiffy! lol My own DS is also the only one to ever have injuries! My poor kid gets the short end of the stick I guess! LOL JK