View Single Post
e.j. 02:54 PM 07-14-2012
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
The old knee injury that is giving me problems happened when I was running up some bleachers and fell. I hit the edge of the next stair just below the knee cap. Swelled up and ridiculous pain. Saw a Dr and was told ice, rest, anti inflamatories so that's what I did.

Now my knee gives away randomly and the whole lower part of that leg is tight. Pain shoots from my foot to my knee if I step wrong. A 4 inch section of my inner lower leg has no feeling. I can't straighten my leg out without tearing pain below my knee.

My most recent injury on my other knee was from catching the back of my shoe on a stair while going down and catching my fall with my kneecap straight down onto concrete. Hairline fracture of the knee cap was the finding.
OMG! Both injuries sound so painful! I don't know how you run after dc kids all day with both knees hurting so much! I don't think I could do it. I thought if it was similar to my dd's injury, you might have been able to ask your dr. if you had the same problem but as bad as my dd's knee is, your injury sounds way more severe. I hope you can find out what's going on with that first injury. It's frustrating to be told nothing is wrong when you know very well there is something wrong. My dd's knee has been hurting since the end of winter. In addition to her regular dr., she's seen a chiroprator, orthopedic spe******t and a physical therapist. Everyone was working from the premise that the xray showed nothing. We finally had to back to the first dr. and request an MRI and that did show the injury making me wish we had asked for it long ago. Hopefully, we can figure out how to fix it now! Good luck with your own injury. I hope your dr. can figure it out so you can stop being in pain.