View Single Post
Lucy 03:27 PM 08-21-2010
These are all really neat ideas! I did a *sort of* curriculum four years ago when I had three 3-yr olds. Did it till they were all about 4 1/2 and one of them left, and I guess I felt they had learned all their numbers and abc's. I know there's always more to learn, but maybe I was burned out on it? Anyway, I now have three 2-yr olds and want to get back into it once they are 2 1/2 to 2 3/4. I used dltk before. Just went alphabetically as far as the abc's, and incorporated 2 craft activities that started with that letter. We did a letter a week with a number thrown in about every other week, and after every 5 or 6 letters, I did a review week. Not really a creative way to do it - no theme involved - but it did the trick. They all learned all their abc's and numbers! Their parents appreciated the crafts they would bring home and really appreciated the fact that they went to Kindergarten with a bit of a head start. Your ideas all sound really fun though. I might start getting this going. I have 6 or 7 months, as I want to start in the early Spring. Thanks for the ideas and keep them coming!!!