Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Annalee 06:31 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
(((hugs))) This is so frustrating!

I have a DC family this morning that is keeping their family home and having one of two of their DCK's tested because they developed a bit of a clear runny nose. Child is 15 months. No other symptoms or reason to suspect COVID but they have access to rapid testing and simply want to make sure.

Another family...and DCM is arguing with me about her child having to stay home for 14 days due to direct contact. DCM's work is telling her she has to return to work after 7 days because they are short staffed. DCM seems to think because work is okay with it, I should be as well.

It's one extreme or another and I know it's only going to get worse as cold/flu season gets into full swing. Add in the holidays and family gatherings and it's going to be a long tough winter.

I've sent home numerous letters telling parents I MUST follow state depart of health rules and I will NOT make exceptions for anyone so don't even ask. Of course, 75% if them ask anyways.

I want/need the week vacation at Christmas more than ever this year but I am terrified to take it off as I suspect most families will find whomever and where ever to take their kids in when I am closed because they certainly aren't going to spend the week with their kids.

Ugh! It's a no win situation no matter how you play it.
all but one of my families are on essential worker subsidy pay. My concern is they all pull out when that ends Dec. 31 during my xmas break. Rationale has gone away. Even though I've had some of these kids for four years, the families have grown accustomed to FREE!